The SAARC Cultural Centre, Colombo (Sri Lanka) is a regional Centre of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC), established on the basis of the decision made by the heads of state or government of SAARC Countries to promote cultural cooperation in order to bring the people of South Asia closer and to project the distinct identity of South Asia.
The Centre is intended to function as a major meeting point for the artistic communities of the member states. The Centre will provide the necessary facilities and conditions for individuals and groups in various fields of interest to meet and interact in a conducive environment. It is intended to cater to all forms of art such as performing arts (e.g. dance, music, drama, theatre, puppetry and folk culture), visual art (e.g. painting, sculpture, film making, photography etc.) and literature as per the provisions made in the SAARC Agenda for Culture.
The SAARC Cultural Centre has a regular publication programme where it publishes a number of academic publications such as, reports, monographs, seminar proceedings, research journal, etc. as well as other promotional publications.
With a view to extend the outreach of its publications, both within South Asia as well as worldwide, the SAARC Cultural Centre invites Expression of Interest from leading publishers of books and serial publications on various aspects of culture of South Asia, that are located in the SAARC Member States (i.e. Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka) for co-publishing a number of titles dealing with these subjects.
Terms and Conditions:
- The publication(s) to be brought out under this arrangement will be co-branded as such.
- The SAARC Cultural Centre would compile, edit and provide the final version of the publication to Publishers for printing and publication, who would undertake copy editing and any additional editorial input that may be required.
- The Publisher will undertake the printing, sales and distribution of the said publication and bear 100% of production, promotion, and distribution cost thereof.
- Soon after the publication under this arrangement is printed, the SAARC Cultural Centre will purchase 10% of the total print run of each title (or any additional number of copies that it deems fit) @ the maximum discount on the agreed sale price.
- The Publisher will provide one complimentary copy to each of the contributors of the publication and two complimentary copies to each of the editor(s). The packing and forwarding charges for these complimentary copies will be borne the SAARC Cultural Centre and the Publisher at 50-50 per cent each on actual basis.
- The Publisher will provide maximum royalty along with an account of sale to the SAARC Cultural Centre on the year-to-year basis. The books purchased by the SAARC Cultural Centre will also be considered as sold copies and royalty has to be paid to the SAARC Cultural Centre on these copies as well at the end of the financial year. All copies distributed on complementary, statutory or promotional (book review etc.) purposes, on the other hand, would not be accounted for the royalty purpose.
- The Copyright of the publications will be held by the SAARC Cultural Centre.
A. Publisher’s Profile:
- Name of the Publisher:
- Address (with phone/ fax and email):
- Year of Establishment:
- Number of Titles Published so far:
- Whether brought out any publication under co-publishing arrangement with a government and/ or international organization (If yes, please give details thereof):
- Distribution/ Sales Procedure:
- Publicity and Sales Promotion activities:
B. Publisher’s offer to the SAARC Cultural Centre on the publications to be co-published under this arrangement, with regard to:
- Maximum Discount on the agreed sale price of each title:
- Maximum Royalty on each title:
- Time required for publication after receiving the manuscript:
- If electronic version is published what are the conditions applied:
- Any Other Information
Please note that incomplete proposals and those received after the last date will be summarily rejected. The SAARC Cultural Centre will prepare a panel of the publishers on the basis of the profile and offers made by the publishers. All short-listed publishers will be initially empanelled for one year.
The Director, SAARC Cultural Centre, reserves the right to accept or reject any proposal, or to assign any title to any of the empanelled publisher, without assigning any reason.